Hours of Effort Each Week for an Effective Social Media Plan
- Blogging – 7.5 hours to produce content that you can share via social media.
- Contingency – 5 hours to problem solve, write unscheduled posts, research, and provide damage control to manage reputation.
- Updates – 4 hours to post text, photos, and comment.
- Engagement – 4 hours a week to respond to follows, mentions, and questions.
- Research – 3 hours to source internal and external content.
- Listening – 2.5 hours monitoring brand mentions, hashtags, keywords, and searches.
- Curation – 2.5 hours reading feeds, filtering, and sharing content.
- Community – 2.5 hours of audience outreach and acquisition.
- Campaigns – 2.5 hours to develop contests and manage promotional applications.
- Strategy – 2.5 hours of tactical planning and ideation.
- Analytics – 2.5 hours of reviewing social media reporting and performance.
- Planning – An hour a week to update your editorial calendar and assign tasks.
Total: 38 hours.