Zany Zoo Pets: This post is in regard to the recent news being…
+Commentary: Yes, this can happen to you to, and when it does you won’t be prepared. You can however take precautions & have a plan for mitigating the damage. Do you have one?
This is a good example, not great, but certainly better than 99% of the ones we’ve seen, the responses to comments both for & against Zany Zoo are good as well. There are a few things you can do in preparation, and certain pitfalls you can avoid in advance of anything going down in your comments section.
Turning raw data into actionable insights has been the goal of many a business since the 1990s. Back then, ‘business intelligence’ was the buzzword, and since the tweenies and teenies it’s been ‘big data’. Now the two are combining (‘Big Intelligence’, maybe?) as the promise of big data is finally capable of delivering the business intelligence that companies have long dreamed about. Read More
Does being a Facebook fan of a brand mean anything? It turns out that it does. Fans spend more money on the brand’s that they are fans of than non-fans do.
Filed Under: What were they thinking?
Last night HBO premiered a teaser two months from its premier of Game of Thrones. It is entitled ‘Hall of Faces’ Teaser. So naturally wanting to remember what the name of the actual temple is we did a search.(Actual answer: House of Black & White) When the ‘Google Information box’ above showed up to the right of our search results we were shocked. Do you see what might be out of place there?
Will You Use It, though?
An update to the Page Plug-in lets businesses add a message box and event information to their page.
The new messaging function does pretty much exactly what you expect. Customers can send messages directly from their Facebook inbox and they’ll show up via Facebook Messenger or the desktop chat interface.
+Commentary: While this is inline with the developments they’ve brought to the Facebook Business Pages of late, it seems almost a dangerous proposition for a micro-to-small business. While it will certainly afford greater accessibility, if you are a solo-entrepreneur and your phone is the way all your clients contact you, I’m not sure adding another layer by way of the Facebook Messenger will be effective. Read More
Will you #ShopSmall on this Small Business Saturday?
20 Free Tools for Entrepreneurs
1. slimvoice.co – Create insanely simple invoices.
2. wetransfer.com – Transfer up to 2 GB of data.
3. similarweb.com – Get insights for any website or app.
4. coffitivity.com – Ambient sounds to boost creativity.
5. nibbler.silktide.com – A tool for testing website accessibility, SEO, and social media.
6. crowdriff.com/riffle – Get Twitter engagement, interest and activity analytics in real time
7. woorank.com – Another analytical website tool.
8. redditlater.com – Find out the best times to post on reddit.com.
9. builtwith.com – Find out what websites are built with.
10. mailchimp.com – Create an email newsletter for your users.
11. surveymonkey.com – Create surveys, get answers.
12. joinme.com – Instant screen sharing for meetings.
13. hootsuite.com – Streamline your social presence.
14. strikingly.com – Make a beautiful website for free.
15. unroll.me – Clean up your inbox. Save time on email.
16. picmonkey.com – Photo editing made easy.
17. growthhackers.com – A marketing discussion community.
18. thenameapp.com – Find a name for your idea.
19. hemingwayapp.com – Make your writing bold and clear.
20. compressor.io – Optimize and compress your images online.
Statistical analysis of 50,000 leaders uncovered the root causes of bad decisions.
Social media is playing a critical role in how small businesses are conducting business today. This infographic shares the factors and results:
Any small business or entrepreneur knows that the secret to success isn’t about having the right product, the right location, or even the right attitude. It is about the relationships you forge with your customers. There is almost always somewhere else they can go to get the product, the experience or even that elusive feeling. Read More